We are excited to introduce our upcoming promotional tour for David LeRoy’s debut novel: The Siren of Paris. Rich in historical detail and full of suspense, this book explores the journey of one American from medical student, to artist, to political prisoner at Buchenwald Concentration Camp during World War II.
Marc, a French born American student, never suspected that he would become trapped in German occupied France when he came to Paris in the summer of 1939 to study art. While smuggling a downed airman out of the American Hospital, through the Paris resistance underground, his life is plunged into total darkness when someone he trusts becomes a collaborator agent for the Gestapo. Marc then must fight to save his soul when he is banished to the “Fog and the Night” of Buchenwald, where he struggles with guilt over the consequences of having his trust betrayed.
The Siren of Paris explores many fascinating aspects of World War II history, including:
- The fall of Paris to the Nazis
- The French resistance
- The Holocaust, including political prisoners interred in concentration camps
- Ocean liners and transportation issues after the outbreak of World War Two.
- The RMS Lancastria, the single largest loss of life ever on a British ship, covered up during the war.
The Siren of Paris will appeal to serious history buffs as well as fans of action/adventure novels and lovers of historical fiction. We hope you will enjoy sharing it with your readers.
What Readers Are Saying (from Amazon):
This is a well-written and well-researched story that takes the reader to Paris and its surroundings during WWII as viewed through the experiences of Marc Tolbert, an American who was born in France. The characters are well-developed and we get to know many of them as well as we might know our friends. The scenery is vividly painted and one feels like they are there watching the events unfold.
I’ve just finished reading Siren of Paris by David LeRoy and it’s a story that will stay with me for a while. It has a complex, well developed plotline and presents the story in a tantalising way, jumping back and forth between 1939-40 and 1943-44. As I pondered developments in the story important elements of the plot were revealed at just the right moment. I’ve read quite a few books set during the Second World War and often find them very moving. But this one especially gripped me.
The author’s meticulous historical research really shines. Events are described in incredibly vivid detail and in a very personal and human way. For example, we see detailed news footage of the German invasion of France. We see people cramming themselves into and piling on top of train cars, trying to escape the country. We experience the destruction of an ocean liner, are drawn into the intrigue of the French resistance, and feel a character’s psychological deterioration in a prison camp. The novel also touches on the post traumatic stress the protagonist suffers after the war.
I also liked the spirituality that runs through the novel. We see a priest who is well versed in dogma and without compassion contrasted with a loving, spiritual man of God. This story explores themes of faith, despair, betrayal, guilt, forgiveness, redemption, and the pivotal choices that make us who we become. There are also lightly rendered paranormal elements and interesting dream/hallucination sequences as well as a wise, thoughtful moment, at the end, where Marc’s spirit realizes what he needs to achieve peace.
While it is packed with information, The Siren of Paris is readable and entertaining. This is an excellent living history book for adults and mature teens.
Suggested Ways To Participate in This Blog Tour:
- Post an author interview on your blog
- Publish a guest post by the author
- Review this novel on your blog
- Post an excerpt from the book
- Interview the author on your radio program
- If you have a different idea – please contact us to discuss the possibilities
About David LeRoy:
A Native of California, David received a BA in Philosophy and Religion at Point Loma Nazarene College in San Diego. The degree served him well while selling women’s shoes, waiting tables, or working odd jobs after college until settling in the field of telecommunications, where he has worked for the past 18 years. Early on, he demonstrated artistic abilities. For many years, David marketed a line of fine art photographic prints through various galleries and retail outlets.
In the past few years, his focus has shifted to painting and drawing, which included the development of a children’s e-book in the Apple Itunes store under “David Tribble” title “Lord of the Scribes.”
After returning from a European arts study program, he became interested in the history behind the French Resistance during World War Two. Writing fiction has become his latest way to explore philosophical, moral and emotional issues of life. The Siren of Paris is his first novel.
For more information about this novel visit http://www.thesirenofparis.com/.
We still have openings in this blog tour. There is no charge for you to participate in this campaign AND we promote your website, newsletter, radio show etc as part of the tour. For more information about participating in this virtual book tour, please contact Stephanie Ward — email@example.com.
- Wednesday, June 20 Author Interview with Heather at The Maiden’s Court — http://themaidenscourt.blogspot.com/2012/06/interview-with-david-leroy.html
- Thursday, June 21 Book Review by Stephanie Ward at On Page and Screen — http://eclecticbooksandmovies.blogspot.com/2012/06/siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Friday, June 22 Feature and E-Book Giveaway Hosted by Teddy Rose at So Many Precious Books, So Little Time — http://teddyrose.blogspot.ca/2012/06/giveaway-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Monday, June 25 Excerpt from the Novel Shared by Allizabeth at The Paperback Pursuer — http://thepaperbackpursuer.blogspot.com/2012/06/excerpt-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, June 26 Guest Post Shared by Teddy Rose at So Many Precious Books, So Little Time — http://teddyrose.blogspot.com/2012/06/guest-author-david-leroy-author-of.html
- Wednesday, June 28 Guest Post By the Author Shared by Allizabeth at The Paperback Pursuer — http://thepaperbackpursuer.blogspot.com/2012/06/guestpost-siren-of-paris-beginnings.html
- Thursday, June 29 Excerpt from the Novel Shared by Yvonne Walus — http://yewalus.blogspot.com/2012/06/siren-of-paris.html
- Friday, July 6 Feature at Carolyn Howard Johnson’s New Book Review — http://www.thenewbookreview.blogspot.com/2012/07/book-tour-features-siren-of-paris.html
- Saturday, July 7 Guest Post By the Author Shared by Kelly at Historical Tapestry — http://historicaltapestry.blogspot.com/2012/07/why-i-love-ocean-liners-by-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, July 10 Excerpt from the Novel Shared by Susan Wingate — http://susanwingate.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/guest-post-david-leroy-author-of-historical-novel-the-siren-of-paris/
- Wednesday, July 11 Excerpt from the Novel Shared by Chris Redding — http://chrisredddingauthor.blogspot.com/2012/07/excerp-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, July 17 Author Interview with Dianne Ascroft — http://dianneascroft.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/the-siren-of-paris-alerts-us-to-wars-reality/
- Thursday, July 19 Guest Post By the Author Shared by Joanne at Jo-Jo Loves to Read — http://jo-jolovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-tour-and-guest-post-siren-of-paris.html
- Thursday, July 26 Book Review by Dee at Mum’s Writings Mystery and More — http://bookread-mumswritings.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-sirens-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Thursday, July 26 Interview with Dee at Mum’s Writings Mystery and More — http://bookread-mumswritings.blogspot.com/2012/07/interview-with-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, July 31 Excerpt Shared by Julie at Angler’s Rest — http://anglersrest.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy_31.html
- Wednesday, August 1 — Excerpt Shared at Patty Roberts Book Blog — http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-siren-of-paris-debut-work-of.html
- Thursday, August 2 — First Chapter of the Novel Shared by Nikki Leigh at Book and Authors — http://www.learntosellmorebooks.com/chapter-1-the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy/
- Friday, August 3 — Guest Post and Giveaway Offered by Katie at Katie’s French Language Cafe — http://katieslanguagecafe.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-siren-of-paris-giveaway.html
- Saturday, August 4 Guest Post Shared by Lisa at Alive On the Shelves — http://aliveontheshelves.com/2012/08/guest-post-david-leroy-author-of-the-siren-of-paris/
- Tuesday, August 7 Excerpt Shared by Elizabeth at Silver’s Reviews — http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, August 8 Interview with Marcie at To Read or Not to Read — http://www.2readornot2read.com/2012/08/q-with-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, August 14 Excerpt Shared by Cheryl at Cheryl’s Book Nook — http://cherylsbooknook.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-siren-of-parissecrets.html
- Wednesday, August 15 Guest Post Shared by Naida at The Bookworm — http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/2012/08/author-guest-post-david-leroy.html
- Thursday, August 16 Guest Post Shared by Cheryl at Cheryl’s Book Nook — http://cherylsbooknook.blogspot.com/2012/08/who-is-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, August 22 Guest Post Shared by Allison at Musings of a Book Junkie — http://themusingsofabookjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/08/guest-post-with-david-leroy-author-of.html
- Monday, August 27 Interview Shared by Lisa at Reviews and Interviews — http://lisahaseltonsreviewsandinterviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/interview-with-author-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, August 28 Review at Literary Lindsey — http://literarylindsey.blogspot.com/2012/08/review-siren-of-paris.html
- Wednesday, August 29 Review by Anna at Diary of an Eccentric — http://diaryofaneccentric.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/review-the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy/
- Tuesday, September 4 Excerpt Shared by Kathleen at Blog ‘O the Irish — http://celticladysreviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, September 5 Guest Post Shared by Kimberly at Reflections of a Book Addict — http://lifeand100books.com/2012/09/05/the-day-the-ships-stopped-with-david-leroy-author-of-the-siren-of-paris/
- Thursday, September 6 Review by Annette at Impressions in Ink — http://impressionsinink.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-review-siren-of-paris-by-david_6.html
- Friday, September 7 Review Patty at Broken Teepee — http://www.brokenteepee.com/2012/09/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy-blog.html
- Monday, September 10 Review by Julie at Angler’s Rest — http://anglersrest.blogspot.com/2012/09/sirens-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, September 12 Review by Serena at Savvy Verse and Wit —http://savvyverseandwit.com/2012/09/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, September 18 Guest Post Shared by Zohar at Man of La Book — http://manoflabook.com/wp/?p=7034
- Thursday, September 20 Review by Allison at Musings of a Book Junkie — http://themusingsofabookjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-sirens-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, September 26 Interview With Stephanie at On Page and Screen — http://eclecticbooksandmovies.blogspot.com/2012/09/david-leroy-on-siren-of-paris.html
- Friday, September 28 Review by Susan at Suko’s Notebook — http://www.sukosnotebook.net/2012/09/the-siren-of-paris.html
- Monday, October 1 Guest Post & Review Shared by Gaele at I Am, Indeed — http://iamindeed.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/guest-post-by-david-leroy-author-of-the-siren-of-paris/
- Monday, October 8 Excerpt at On Page and Screen — http://eclecticbooksandmovies.blogspot.com/2012/10/excerpt-from-siren-of-paris-by-david.html
- Tuesday, October 9 Interview at The Indie Spotlight — http://www.theindiespotlight.com/?p=12298
- Wednesday, October 10 Excerpt Shared by Dee at Mum’s Writings — http://bookread-mumswritings.blogspot.com/2012/10/virtual-book-tour-siren-of-paris-by.html
- Thursday, October 11 Guest Post Shared by Dee at Mum’s Writings — http://bookread-mumswritings.blogspot.com/2012/10/guest-post-by-david-leroy.html
- Friday, October 12 Excerpt Shared by Emma at Words and Peace — http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/10/12/the-siren-of-paris-excerpt/
- Thursday, October 18 Guest Post Shared by BK Walker Books — http://bkwalkerbooksetc.blogspot.com/2012/10/AuthorDavidLeRoy.html
- Saturday, October 20 Guest Post Shared by Andrea at Reading Lark — http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/10/guest-post-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, October 24 Review at Ted Lehmann’s Bluegrass, Books, and Brainstorms — https://bookpromotionservices.com/2012/10/24/ted-lehmann-reviews-the-siren-of-paris/
- Friday, November 2 Interview with Darren Oldham at 5150fm Internet Radio — http://www.5150fm.com
- Friday. November 9 Interview with Darren Oldham at 5150fm Internet Radio — http://www.5150fm.com
- Monday, November 19 Guest Post Shared by Rebecca Graf at A Book Lover’s Library — http://www.abookloverslibrary.com/4/post/2012/11/the-biggest-mistake-in-writing-a-book-guest-post-by-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, November 20 Interview With Rebecca Graf at A Book Lover’s Library — http://www.abookloverslibrary.com/7/post/2012/11/interview-with-author-david-leroy.html
- Wednesday, November 21 Review By Rebecca Graf at A Book Lover’s Library — http://www.abookloverslibrary.com/29/post/2012/11/the-siren-of-paris-a-book-review.html
- Friday, November 30 Review by Emma at Words and Peace — http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/11/30/i-love-france-37-2012-62-review-the-siren-of-paris/
- Monday, December 3 Excerpt shared by Brande at Book Junkie — http://myfoolishwisdom.blogspot.com/2012/12/david-leroy-author-of-siren-of-paris.html
- Thursday, December 6 Spotlight With Jennifer at The Relentless Reader — http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/2012/12/book-feature-siren-of-paris-by-david.html
- Friday, December 7 Interview With Mason at Thoughts In Progress — http://www.masoncanyon.blogspot.com/2012/12/author-david-leroy-siren-of-paris-tour.html
- Monday, December 10 Guest Post Shared by Erin at Flashlight Commentary — http://flashlightcommentary.blogspot.com/2012/12/guest-post-when-horse-is-not-horse-by.html
- Monday, December 11 Review by Erin at Flashlight Commentary — http://flashlightcommentary.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Friday, December 14 Excerpt Shared by Wendy at Minding Spot — http://www.mindingspot.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Monday, December 17 Review by Julie at Julz Reads — http://julzreads.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy/
- Monday, December 17 Interview at J.A. Beard’s Unnecessary Musings — http://riftwatcher.blogspot.com/2012/12/betrayal-guilt-and-world-war-ii.html
- Tuesday, December 18 Review by Jodi at Words by Webb — http://jodiwebb.com/news/review-and-5ws-the-sirens-of-paris/
- Tuesday, December 18 Interview by Jodi at Words by Webb — http://jodiwebb.com/news/review-and-5ws-the-sirens-of-paris/
- Wednesday, December 19 Spotlight & Excerpt Shared by Tia Bach, author of Depression Cookies, at Mom in Love with Fiction — http://etjrmbach.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Thursday, December 27 — Giveaway Hosted by Beth’s Book Reviews — http://www.bethsbookreviews.com/2012/12/giveaway-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy.html
- Saturday, December 29 — Interview at A Writer of History — http://awriterofhistory.com/2012/12/29/historical-fiction-author-david-leroy/
- Monday, December 31 –Book Spotlight/Giveaway by Julie at Knitting & Sundries — http://www.knittingandsundries.com/2012/12/the-siren-of-paris-by-david-leroy-book.html
- Monday, January 14 — Excerpt Shared by Pamela S. Thibodeaux at Pam’s Wild Rose Blog — http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/vbt-david-leroy-siren-of-paris.html
- Friday, January 18 — Meet the Author Spotlight at Ciska’s Book Chest — http://mybookchest.blogspot.com/2013/01/author-david-leroy.html
- Friday, January 18 — Guest Post Shared by Ciska’s Book Chest — http://mybookchest.blogspot.com/2013/01/author-david-leroy.html
- Tuesday, January 22 — Guest Post at Historical Fiction Connection — http://www.hf-connection.com/2013/01/welcoming-david-leroy-author-of-siren.html
- Tuesday, January 29 — Guest Post Shared by Pamela K. Kinney — http://pamelakkinney.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-modern-book-of-dead.html
- Interview at Indie Book Spot — http://indiebookspot.com/ — To Be Scheduled
Filed under: historic fiction, novels, politics, romantic suspense, suspense novel, virtual blog tour, virtual book tour | Tagged: Action Adventure Novel, Anti-Semitism, Authoritarianism, Buchenwald, Collaborators, Fall of France, French Resistance, Historical Fiction, Nationalism, Ocean Liners, Paris, Political Prisoners, RMS Lancastria, S.S. Normandie, virtual blog tour, virtual book tour, World War Two Fiction, Xenophobia | 85 Comments »