Below are the interview questions. If you would like to submit your promotional interview for possible inclusion on this blog – copy the questions below and paste them into an RTF document file. Answer all questions completely and you can send your picture to be posted with the interview if you want. All interviews are posted on a first come, first serve basis and you will be notified when your interview is posted. Please complete the Q & A and email to email@example.com and put “Promotional Interview” in the subject line.
You have been invited to share your promotional experience with others.
1. Where you are from and where are you now?
2. How did you get started writing?
3. What do you do when you are not writing?
4. What would readers like to know about you?
5. What inspired your first book?
6. How many books have you written?
7. What are the titles of your books and what genres are they?
8. How do you decide on that topic or genre? Why are you specially qualified to write about this topic?
9. How do you manage to keep yourself focused and on track when you’re writing a book?
10. Do you write to make money, for the love of writing or both?
11. What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used? Which were the
12. What are some unique methods of marketing you have used? Which were the most successful?
13. Do you sell through a website? If so, what’s the address? If not, why not?
14. Where can people order your books?
15. What format are your books – e-book, print, audio etc?
16. Will you write more books?
17. What do you have in the works now?
18. What does the future hold for you and your books?
19. What was the most successful thing you did to promote your books?
20. What was the least successful thing you did to promote your books?
21. Tell us about your most recent book.
22. What makes this book special to you?
23. What sort of comments have you gotten about the content of the book?
24. What makes this a book that other people MUST read and WHY?
25. What people NEED to read this book and WHY?
26. What sparks your creativity? Any tips to help others spark their own
27. What do you think motivates people to become authors? What motivated you to get into this unusual industry?
28. Tell me about the most unusual things you have done to promote any books?
29. If a potential reader thinks that your book wouldn’t interest them, what would you say to convince them to buy? I’m thinking something better than “Its the greatest book ever.” Give me something more specific
30. Why does the topic of your book interest you? Why would it interest potential readers? Give us a hook to reel in new readers.
This interview was done in conjunction with Nikki Leigh, author of the Book Promo 101 series and owner of Promo 101 Virtual Blog Tours. For more information, visit – http://www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm and http://www.virtualblogtour.blogspot.com