I was a fan of guerrilla marketing – long before I knew it had been given a name. And, I’ve kept an eye on any new Guerrilla marketing articles or books for years. So – I noticed this post and had to share it here —
What is Different about Guerrilla Social Media Marketing
I have been asked by a number of people what the difference is between most brands and a brand that employs guerrilla social media strategies. Today I thought I would share an excerpt from my upcoming book that answers that question.
An excerpt from “Guerilla Social Media Marketing” by Shane Gibson and Jay Conrad Levinson
What is an authentic guerrilla brand?
- It makes promises and statements that can be backed up today, tomorrow and indefinitely.
- It is customer-focused and sells and markets to the customer what they need and want.
- It is consistent, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in any geography or language.
- It doesn’t take shortcuts for short-term gain; the guerrilla brand builds customers for life.
- It is, however, fallible; all brands have imperfections and weaknesses, and a guerrilla brand does not shovel these things under the rug. It takes feedback and improves the customer experience.
- It is accessible. No executives are in an ivory tower; no labyrinths have been built to keep out the unhappy customer.
- It is focused on a distinct area of true competency and expertise, and that is why people gravitate to the guerrilla brand.
Join our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillasocialmediamarketing
Originally posted here – http://www.closingbigger.net/2010/08/guerrilla-social-media-marketing-tips/
Filed under: business promotion, online promotion, social media, social media marketing, social networking, unique promotional idea, web 2.0 promotion Tagged: | guerrilla marketing, jay conrad levinson